Are you new to the casting industry and have questions about the die casting process? Well, we have good news for you. You don’t have to search for a die-casting manufacturer because SEI Castings is a reliable manufacturer that specializes in aluminum and zinc die-cast products.
In this article, we will discuss the advantages of using the die casting process on metals. Hopefully, after reading this short article you will make an informed decision when choosing the die casting process for your zinc and Aluminum metals.
There are a lot of metal casting processes out there that choosing one for your project can be quite confusing. If you are still unsure, you can contact SEI Castings to help you out with your die-cast projects using non-ferrous metal alloys like zinc and aluminum metals.
What is the Die-Casting Process?
- Hot chamber machines – This type of die casting machine is used for metal alloys that have low melting temperatures like, zinc, lead, and tin.
- Cold chamber machines – This type of die casting machine is used for metal alloys with high melting temperatures such as aluminum, magnesium, and brass. Metal alloys with high melting temperatures are not allowed to be cast in hot chamber machines because they will damage the pumping system.
There are four different types of dies:
- Single cavity – this type of die can produce one component.
- Multiple cavities – this type of die can produce more components that are identical to each other.
- Unit-die – this type of die produces different components in a single time.
- Combination-die – this type of die produces different parts that will be used for an assembly of a metal product.
Check out the advantages of using the die casting process on your metals below:
- The die-casting process can provide complex shapes with minimal tolerances compared to other casting processes.
- The die-casting process can produce a high number of products in a single casting.
- Die-cast products are durable, have stable dimensions, and have a quality feel and appearance.
- Die casting products can be produced with surfaces that have varied textures.
- Die-casting produces metal products with smooth surfaces as the cast has a smoother surface compared to other types of casting processes.
- Die casting provides high corrosion resistance to the metal alloys used in the process.
- Die casting is an economical process and this can save a lot of money and it can be used in different applications accordingly.
- Die-cast products usually have a longer service life and have better dimensional accuracy when compared to other products manufactured from other casting processes.
- Die casting process allows molds to be used repeatedly and it is a process that can be fully automated, making it easier and more tolerable than the other casting processes.
What are the Different Applications for Die-Cast Products?
Die casting is usually preferred for medium-sized metal alloys that have complex details. It is considered as the largest casting process that can be used for manufacturing consumer, industrial, and commercial products.
Die-cast products are usually used in different products such as toys, automobiles, sink faucets, connector housing, gears for different machines, etc. Die casting is the casting process preferred for non-ferrous metal alloys like zinc and aluminum.
Are you searching for a die-cast manufacturer? Make sure to choose SEI Castings to manufacture your zinc and aluminum die-cast products. Please call us at 408-662-4887 if you have any questions or inquiries. You can also request a quote for any project that you have in mind. We look forward to working with you soon!